[Fourlanders] Jan VHF contest rules change

Rogers, Ron Ron.Rogers at ncr.com
Thu Dec 13 15:21:11 EST 2012

There's quite a bit of chatter beginning on the contesting reflectors about the Jan VHF contest rules change which adds the "FM only class" class of operator now.

At Jim's party Sat. night we should probably discuss our intended Jan. contest strategy to harvest these new points and to do our part to actually have points there to harvest. This probably could mean another "station" captain to plan some logistics.

We should take a leadership role in getting the word out to all the Atlanta radio clubs explaining the contest, explain the FM class of competition (also, the new 3 band , restricted power class), talk up the fun with this type of contest during winter, and mention which frequencies we plan to operate FM on, thus trying to encourage more activity.

Ron
WW8RR