[Fourlanders] Funcube Dongle

Bob Lear w4zst at windstream.net
Tue Feb 7 19:09:58 PST 2012

Well here's the latest.  It still works and I haven't been able to get
smoke out of it!!

I have installed the N1JEZ/W1GHZ interface/filter board in Jim's FT-2000
and it is a sweet install.  The FCD actually worked pretty good without
the interface/filter, but when I put it in, it reduced a couple of the
spurs.

Still able to copy beacons with it direct input (2m, 222, 432) and with
it now on 6m thru the FT-2000 I can see all three of the usual beacons
at the same time.  Just need to figure out how to make it talk and track
the tuning of the radio.

I have successfully used it with SpectraVue, Rocky, M0KGK, WRPlus
(WinRad), HDSDR (which is the new WinRad), and finally SDR-Radio which
is what Simon Brown (HRD) is doing now.  All show a spectrum/waterfall
display and decode any of the signals, SSB, CW, FM, WFM, AM, etc.

It is certainly addictive!!

I'm looking for the app with the lowest CPU load, compact spectral
display and compatibility with WriteLog so that it will be our 6m
spectrum display for the contests.  No luck so far with linking to the
HF rig for frequency readout or at least tracking.  Without that, it
wouldn't be quite so useful.

Anyway, it's fun and I've got to get one of my own.  Next is to build
another interface/filter and install it in the FT-817 and try that combo
out for fun.

Bob