[Fourlanders] N8UR in EN75

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Mon Jun 11 08:37:57 PDT 2012

Hi Guys --

We (Mark, WD8DPA, was at the mic) managed to work W4NH from N8UR on
Sunday morning.

It's interesting operating a VHF contest where you are north of
*everyone* and the "locals" are from 90 to 200 miles away!

We had some problems with the 2M antenna, and that along with modest
power and the lack of locals meant that we made zero, zilch, nada
contacts on 2M and 70cm.

But 6M made up for it.  The conditions on Saturday were only so-so, but
Sunday, and particularly Sunday evening, they were fantastic.  I pointed
the beam ESE and worked everything from Alabama to the Canadian
Maritimes.  In the last three hours of the contest, we managed a rate of
62 Qs/hour.

We ended up with 404 QSOs, 138 grids, and a claimed score of 55,752, all
on 6M.  We'll be entering in the limited multi-op category.

Hope you all had a great contest!

73,
John