[Fourlanders] June Contest Summary

Bob Lear w4zst at windstream.net
Tue Jun 26 11:20:30 PDT 2012

Sherman posted photos at http://bit.ly/LEnAgn
Kim posted on Kodak Gallery and put it on the reflector.  Too long an
address for here.  If you didn't get to see them, let me know.

Even with the rain over the weekend, we had a pretty good showing.  I
think we will be around our usual 6th or 7th place in limited multi, but
you never know til all the logs are in.

Band Summary:
Band	Q's	Grids
6m	609	208
2m	126	45
222	31	17
432	49	21
Tot	815	291
Raw Score from logs  260,445

The higher bands suffered as usual from the good 6m opening, where the
single ops end up staying on 6m and not giving Q's on the higher bands.

Food Summary:  Thanks to Jeff and Jerry we all came home a bit heavier,
but definitely "Not Hungry":

Friday Dinner - Ham, German Potato Salad, Green Salad
Saturday Breakfast - Scrambled eggs, ham, onions, peppers, hash browns
Saturday Lunch - Sloppy Joes, slaw, tater chips
Saturday Dinner - A big treat here - Jerry W5TDY brought smoked Brisket
and Sausage and Charo beans too.  "God Bless Texas!"  It was excellent!!
Jerry may not be a real Texan, but I would put him up against any
competition with those fine Briskets (and bet with my own money too!!)
Sunday Breakfast - Pancakes and Sausage
Sunday Lunch - Brats, tater chips
Sunday Dinner - Spaghetti and MeatBalls, Green Salad
Monday Breakfast - French Toast, Bacon

Operator Summary:  W4KXY, NN4W, K4TJD, N4NIA, NX9O, WW8RR, KI4US, W4ZST,
W4ATL, WG8S, W5TDY, W4SKI, K4VJM, W0ONR, K5AWC, K5SFE.
Full time kids were Claire KK4JJT, Jason KF5DSP & Robert KF5IRC.

Cost Summary:   Shared Fuel & Full time camping costs were $44
		Full time 8 meals were $32.  others pro-rated.
Pretty reasonable for staying out of trouble for three nights and eating
like Kings.

Pretty much the only real problems we had were with the rain, causing us
(and the kids) to end up staying in the trailers most of the time to
stay dry.  Set up went very well.  We were on site earlier than usual
and really didn't have any problems getting all the antennas set up
before supper and all the stations up and on the air before bedtime like
we usually do.  I do know that there was a problem with the 6m station
with WSJT that just couldn't be made to work.  Jim is still analyzing
that to try to figure out what happened.  It did continue to drizzle
some on Monday morning which slightly hampered take down, but we were
out of the campground in record time anyway.

Thanks to all who came and helped with workdays before the contest to
get everything ready and packed in Great White.

Field Day summary comes next and don't forget the CQWW VHF contest which
will be July 21-22 here at my QTH as usual.  The 6m beams are already up
and sometime we'll have a workday to get 2m ready also.

73 and thanks again for the good contest turnout.

Bob