[Fourlanders] Contest Update

w4zst at windstream.net w4zst at windstream.net
Thu Aug 22 18:38:09 EDT 2013

Ron sent me an e-mail asking about an update, and I meant to do it sooner.

We are still on GO.  Right now we have 7 trailer pullers which will take care of getting all the stuff to the mountain.  We may have 8 if Mac is able to come again this time.  He wants to, but has finally got a contract on his house and is waiting right now for the closing date to be set up and that is his conflict with committing right now.  I have us covered with all the pullers we need anyway, but if Mac comes, it just helps me out greatly.

Brian is unable to participate again so we won't have him, and I haven't gotten a commitment from Tom K4TJD either but otherwise the same crew we had in June and that was plenty of crew for set-up, operating and takedown.

Kim is also coming again on Friday afternoon so that gives us another person to help with set-up like we did in June.  Also haven't heard from Paul, but hope he will be able to spend the full time with us again.

You probably saw the e-mail that Jimmy Dean K2JB is coming on Saturday and will cook his excellent Chili, cornbread and cobbler for our Saturday evening meal.

So we have 7 or 8 trailer pullers, 9 or 10 for Friday set-up, 13 or so operators, and left with at least 10 or 11 for Monday take down.

I don't think there are any other issues.

I have talked to Johnny K4SQC today and he is going to be the 222 band captain again with my station equipment.  He did a fine job in June for his first time on the mountain and now is a grizzled veteran with the group.  Making a couple of requested changes to the 222 station set-up also.

That should take care of the update.  Let me know of any changes or issues that any of you might have.  Thanks, Bob