[Fourlanders] TechFest

Charles Osborne k4cso at charter.net
Mon Jan 7 10:00:05 EST 2013

Jim, others,

By all means join us at the SVHFS table. Mike Stipick, Chase Turner, and
myself are the ringleaders/table sitters at this moment. I have a trifold
display and our new banner for the back drape. If you have anything poster
wise that we can do to highlight the FM aspect of the contest it is indeed
one of your best opportunities to get some folks interested in trying to
work W4NH during the contest that might not otherwise.

TechFest is like a small hamfest but more centered around groups like ours,
QCWA, QRP groups, SDR, MARS, D-STAR, Bob Heil, answering questions and demos
about various clubs, or in our case how to get on 2m SSB, contesting, meteor
scatter etc. So it does get pretty busy with one on one Q&A at times for
just two or three people to cover. Think Lawrenceville Hamfest with just the
inside clubs tables. Everything is pretty much packed up and gone by 2pm. So
its more of a free morning social event, with Chili Cook Off at lunch time,
and raffle for Yaesu FT857D for added incentive. Location is in shopping
center across the street from the Gwinnett Medical Center.

Info is at www.GARS.org .

Date for TechFest 2013 is January 12
Location is the Gwinnett Medical Center, Resource Center
665 Duluth Highway, Lawrenceville, GA 30046

73,
Charles