[Fourlanders] Bored in EN75

Bob Mantell k4esa at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 11 11:33:09 EDT 2013

In the south end of EM74 it was a little better.

I had 80 Qs and 40 grids, all on 6M.  I have mostly been off the air the last two years with work and home remodeling.  The second part forced me to take down all my antennas other than the 10M yagi.  I put a small, 5 element, 12 foot boom 6M yagi up just in time for the 6M sprint a few weeks back.  I have a bigger one under construction now.

Most were made contacting those calling CQ, I spend little time calling.  I was cleaning the shack area during the slow times.  I was using the contest to test my new SB-200 amp conversion for 6M.  It had some minor issues I had to sort out the prior week.  More power did not totally solve the issue with me hearing folks that cannot hear me, but it helped alot.  I am getting a touch over 500 watts out with 70W drive from the FT-857d I was using.  The 857 does not stack up as well as the TS-2000, but my 2000 has suffered a power surge(it think) while I was away and is too flaky to use currently.

I plan to have a 2M station set up before CQ WW VHF in July.

73 de Bob,

W4GA  EM74qc
k4esa at yahoo.com