[Fourlanders] January VHF Contest

w4zst at windstream.net w4zst at windstream.net
Sat Nov 30 11:01:05 EST 2013

Time to start making plans for the January contest to be held at the W4ZST QTH.

Contest: January 18th and 19th 2014.

Software Notice:  We will change over to WriteLog 11.11 for this contest.  Go ahead and update your computers and test the new version out ASAP.  Anyone needing the link to download our FourLanders copy of the software, contact W4ZST for the info.

Band Captains:  I'm not making assumptions. Let me know what you want to do.  I will say that I really would like to put my 432 station on the air for the contest since I've not been using it lately and it needs to be used.

Antennas, Work Sessions:  Whenever folks are available during the Holidays would be a good time to get the antennas in the air.  I've been having some elbow and shoulder problems lately and I don't think I can do any of them by myself.  Nothing is in the air right now other than a single 432 beam on my tower trailer that I had up for the sprints.  Let me know when you would like to come and have a work session, weekdays or weekends free for me as usual.

Overnight accommodations:  Let me know if you want to stay here Saturday night.  First come, first served on the 6 beds in the house.  Room for cots and/or sleeping bags in the house also.  If needed, Kos will bring his camper for overflow and I think he can put up two extra besides himself.

Bob