[Fourlanders] Saturday Workday results

w4zst at windstream.net w4zst at windstream.net
Sat Sep 7 17:57:31 EDT 2013

Scott, Ron and Chris came up this morning for a workday to get things ready for the contest.  We put the new tires on BlackHawk and also regreased and tightened the bearings that seemed a little loose.  Probably had only been 20 years since they had been checked.  Scott also worked quite a while to find a short in the wiring on his trailer and was successful.  All the tire pressures were checked, the generator oil and water were checked and the generator run for a while and the fuel level checked.  All the rotators were double checked as you may remember they were put up wet when we took down in June.  I had dried out the tubs and the rotors here after the rain quit that week, but today I hooked each of them up and checked them.  All were OK and one connector was worked on.

We inventoried the feed lines and rotor cables and most everything except food is packed and ready to go.

Thanks again to the guys for coming up and helping out with this.  We adjourned to Roosters afterward for some cold refreshment and wings.

Thanks also to Bob Herschi KG4DGP from Cleveland who sold me the new(er) tires for BlackHawk.  Mac K4RBM had arranged that for us. If you had looked at the tires that were on it, they were well worn and close to rotting.  We had borrowed two tires from him in June to feel safer and he said he had more, so I bought 5.  Much nicer tires as they are acutally LowBoy Trailer tires rather than mobile home although the same size and rim as mobile home tires.   We won't have to worry about BlackHawk for a while now anyway.

Bob