[Fourlanders] September Contest

w4zst at windstream.net w4zst at windstream.net
Fri Aug 8 17:57:47 EDT 2014

Time to get things started for the September contest weekend of Sept 13 and 14.  As usual we will leave here on Friday the 12th and come home on Monday the 15 for all the full time folks.  We will have the new trailer available for this contest which will house the 6m station and the food and cooking area and also carries one of the masts which will probably be used for the 222 antennas.

I need to hear from band captains, trailer pullers, operators and hangers-on so that I can get everything organized.  We missed going in June to the mountain so we really don't want to miss this opportunity.

We had a work session here yesterday, took down Johnny's 2m EME antennas, moved the trailer and put them back up with his new Alpha Spid rotor.  He needed the Yaesu rotor for satellite use.  Ron was here also and took all the contest computers home to test and update software.

We will have another work session sometime to take down 2m and 6m antennas for the contest and get the trailers ready.  We do have Huntsville hamfest in 1 week and Shelby  is two weekends before the contest this year.

Let me know your plans.

Bob