[Fourlanders] The '205' morning report returns

w4zst at windstream.net w4zst at windstream.net
Thu Dec 18 16:18:50 EST 2014

Last year or earlier, Stan KA1ZE had started a net  144.205 (in the NE US) and a newletter to help encourage activity on 2m.  He then had to take a hiatus (temporary un-retirement called), but now is back on with the net and especially for us, a nice newsletter that he has managed to put on facebook, but we can view the NL without logging in to facebook.  Here is the URL:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/205MorningReport/466923153458490

just click on that link and there is the NL.  Apparently you can post stuff on the page directly if you log in to facebook.  I haven't tried that yet, but I have been checking it every day.  Stan puts the .205 morning net log on there and other nets around the country are also putting their logs on the page, e.g. K8TQK on 144.252 and W4TMW on 144.210, both on Monday nights.  Active stations are posting pictures, activity logs, QSL cards, etc.

This looks like it will be a useful resource.  Most of us in the SE area are out of range of the .205 net, but there are others listed.  I saw a new one in FL that many of us may be able to check in to.

Also note that Ray WA4NJP put a nice post on the page about the upcoming 2015 SVHFS conference and his call for papers.

>From one of the emails that Stan sent, it appears that there are about 2000 subscribers to his '205 morning report and that's why he had to move it to the facebook format.

I was a subscriber last year before he took his hiatus and enjoyed reading it every day.  He even put a picture of me in it once and it's surprising that it managed to continue after that, but it did.

Thanks to Stan for all his hard work.
Check it out.  Bob W4ZST, FourLanders and SVHFS