[Fourlanders] contest update

Bob Lear w4zst at windstream.net
Sun Jun 7 12:58:38 EDT 2015

Latest contest update:

Ron came up last Friday and he and I got the 432 array in the air along
with the 432 and 2m omni antennas, all tested and working. Still working
on microwave and need to get the 6m omni's up also.

We have 10 operators signed up and 8 of us are staying overnight on
Saturday night so all the beds are filled.  There are probably going to
be a couple of visitors also.

As we usually do when we operate from here, we will meet at Roosters's
at 11:30 on Saturday for lunch.  Some of us already here will come down
from the shack and meet the others coming up for the contest and then
come back for the start of the contest at 2PM.

Jerry is cooking his famous Brisket and Beans for our dinner Saturday
night so you don't want to miss that.  I'll be making pancakes and
sausage for breakfast on Sunday, sandwiches and chips for lunch and
we'll probably just get pizza to go for Sunday evening since a number of
folks leave early.

All the stations are set up and tested with the exception of 2m which
Kos will bring Friday night or Saturday morning.  We will do 2m and 432
EME at times when we have moon and there is no terrestrial activity.

So things are progressing well for the contest and we'll see you all on
Saturday.  73, Bob