[Fourlanders] a real boat anchor

Ron Rogers ww8rr at charter.net
Wed Jan 13 20:39:53 EST 2016

WOW Kim !!!

Now IF I just had my "someday" house and barn on 5 acres I would probably
jump all over this one !  While I would prefer having an RCA BTA series or
Gates BC-1 series transmitter (with those 4 beautiful glowing 833 tubes)
this Bauer unit would also make a great conversion to 160 AM.

30+ years ago at WILE AM-FM radio station in Cambridge Ohio, I did part time
work for a couple years as back up engineer (while working for NCR) to the
chief engineer when he was out of town or on vacation. The station had a
Bauer (not this model) transmitter as the standby AM transmitter. The
primary AM transmitter was an RCA BTA-1.  Ahhhh.the memories.

Ron

WW8RR

  _____