[Fourlanders] June contest update today

Bob Lear w4zst at windstream.net
Sat May 7 11:58:00 EDT 2016

Well it's down to time when a decision has to be made.  We've not heard
back about Pisgah so not only do we not know whether we could go there,
we also don't even have a location to scout.  With the time remaining
before the contest, we are going to have to cancel this possibility for
the June contest.  Hopefully we won't have to consider it again and can
get yearly reservations at MileHigh.  The Pisgah area stie really
doesn't offer us any real advantage and looks like it would be harder to
get to with the convoy and also end up costing considerably more than
we've been used to not to mention till a pretty much unknown.

Plan now is to just_do the contest at the W4ZST QTH_.  I hope that all
of you who signed up will still be planning to do the contest here.  I
have the list of those who previously committed so let me know of any
change of plans.  Usual sleeping arrangements and food for the contest
here, I'll so some of the cooking and Jerry has volunteered to do one
meal also.

We will need to have at least one workday to put the 6m omni's back up,
maybe with some modifications as the masts we've been using have been
bent by the winds somewhat, probably affecting our horizontal "omni"
pattern.  Also need to work on the 2m beam/omni switching relay and put
up the 432 contest antennas.  Otherwise we are really in good shape
here.  The 6m, 2m and 222 beams are still in the air and working, the
222 stations is still set up and working so we don't have that much to
do for getting ready.

I think we should plan on meeting for lunch at Rooster's on June 10 at
11:30 for lunch before the contest like we usually do.  I expect maybe
Kos will come up early that morning to set up the 2m station or maybe on
Friday night but both options are available to both Kos, Johnny and Ron
for their stations.

Now we can go to Dayton and enjoy our trip there and come back to get
things going here for the contest.

Thanks and 73, Bob