[Fourlanders] return to craziness

Bob Lear w4zst at windstream.net
Wed Aug 23 13:46:44 EDT 2017

8/22 update:  Came back from my eclipse trip.  about 3:30 yesterday,
came out to shack, turned on all computers, ran WL, networked, started
testing.  6m, 222, 432 and server acting normally and OK. on running WL
on 2m computer, I got a 'WL Sound Error' message:
C:\Users\HP DC5800\Documents\WriteLog\WaveFiles\msg9.wav  and the [OK]
box.  No other explanation.  I've never used F9 and I'm sure none of you
have either.  Anyway, I just clicked OK and WL immediately came up, CAT,
F2, live all OK.  Network OK.  Left them this way overnight.  I didn't
come back out as I was tired and Tom Wright N4HN from Charlotte had come
to visit and we went to dinner.

8/23 update:  Came out about 1PM.  4 computers had screen-saver, 6m
Not.  All computers on and appeared to be running.  Frequencies shown
corresponded to radios.  Started around testing.  6m, 222, 432 and
server all OK.  CAT, F2, live, network, change op, etc.
2m appeared to still CAT but not sure.  Tried first F2, no audio and
locked up in transmit, wouldn't release short of C-A-D and kill in Task
Manager, End Task.  Restart WL, PTT and CW lines energized before I even
got to the choose file screen and WL never started to that point.
Again, C-A-D to kill it and I shut down computer. Some Task Manager
message popped up and disappeared to fast to copy.  Restarted computer,
WL, Test2, asked to recover file (picked up two Q's that had not been
saved from yesterday), Link to Network, all OK so far.

Try F2, get "WriteLog Sound SendWave Error" 'Capture Thread Exception.
GetDevice failed'.  Get this on all operators.  Nothing about specific
msg.wav files that we've seen before.  And while that message is up, the
radio is in PTT.  Tried Ron's idea about going to
SetUp-SoundBoardOptions-WaveFileLocation and choosing Open without
specifying file or sub-directory.  didn't work for any operator. This is
an error message I've never seen before.  Live PTT and Live audio are
OK.  Tried to disconnect/reconnect sound card USB per Ron, but no luck
there either.  Get the SendWave Error message on any Function Key for
any chosen operator.  I'm out of ideas.  It looks like we should put the
spare computer in for the 2m computer and do further testing.

Otherwise, everything's fine here (extreme stream of endless cussing....)

Bob