[Fourlanders] MSK144 for Contesting

Kos kosmetatos at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 09:18:32 EST 2017

I wanted to get a thread going on this to see if we can exchange some ideas and facilitate a discussion on MSK144 for the next contest.

I have been doing some reading and trying to better understand the MSK144 mode; I’m finding there’s a client out there by IZ2HV that is getting at least one favorable review –

http://lz2hv.org/mshv

The UI looks much like the WSJT-X UI but it appears the developer has pushed the MSK144 mode out sooner than the WSJT development team, and the setup is reported as simpler. I’m going to download it and have a look.

The 15 second intervals are attractive for contesting and getting QSOs done quickly.

Here’s the writeup I’m referencing: http://gm4fvm.blogspot.com/2016/12/msk144-and-lean-november.html

Kos