[Fourlanders] MSK144 for Contesting

Kos kosmetatos at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 12:04:59 EST 2017

Okay,

Here is a quick update on my efforts here since yesterday afternoon with MSK144 on 6M:

The setup is my K3 running 350 watts into the Cushcraft 5 element beam ay 30 feet with WSJT-X 1.7.0; using 15 sec sequences and auto sequence turned on:

*         9 stations worked in EM84 (2), EN91, EN34, EN50, FM07, EM00, EM13, and EN41. One EM84 station (W4IMD) was a sked to get things working last evening, the other stations were worked this morning.

*         VE1SKY in New Brunswick emailed me telling me he had solid decodes at a distance of 1254 miles and to setup a sked for later

*         The auto sequencing worked flawlessly and is slick as …

*         Of the QSOs, three were completed in 1:30 mins or less; some took several minutes

*         Decodes happen during the RX cycle; no need to wait until the sequence ends

*         Best of all, consistent with the -X UI, there was no ambiguity as to whether the station was worked. The guesswork in interpreting the decodes is gone, and the decode is good or it is not represented at all

Working on the 2M station right now – I have the beam up and am working on the setting up the Teletec brick amp, and will be integrating the FT-991.

This could be good for us in June.

Kos