[Fourlanders] workday and contest update

Bob Lear w4zst at windstream.net
Mon Jan 9 13:42:26 EST 2017

We are planning another workday for this Friday 1/13.  Ron is bringing
up his trailer to put the 432 antennas up.  I presume he'll also be
bringing his station and the remaining computers for the contest.  So
far we have Ron, Jim and myself coming on Friday.  Anyone else
interested and who would like to help is also invited.  The weather
looks good for the workday.  No rain and unseasonably higher temps.

I got the 222 station put back together yesterday and have tested it and
it is fully functional and ready to go.  I had just been testing the
sequencer and put it back in the system.

Contest operators so far that I have listed as coming and who have beds
reserved for Saturday night of the contest:  Band captains:  Johnny
K4SQC, 6m, Kos N4NIA, 2m, myself, 222 and Ron WW8RR, 432.  Operators:
JIm W4KXY, Sherman W4ATL, Kim WG8S, and Bill KI4US.  There is a sofa
available for one more operator to spend the night.  Other operators who
might commute or only come for one of the days are also very welcome and
encouraged to come.

No other issues pending for the contest.  Things are looking good.

We will do our usual lunch get together/meet up at Rooster's Cafe at
11:30 on Saturday Jan 21st for lunch and then come on up to the shack to
kick off the contest at 2PM.

73 and see you soon.  Bob W4ZST