[Fourlanders] contest update

Bob Lear w4zst at windstream.net
Mon Jun 5 18:06:58 EDT 2017

Things are still going well.  Kim asked today if someone else can pull
the 432 antenna trailer to the mountain as he isn't now able to make it
for Friday morning.  He will meet us at the campground later on Friday.
Jim W4KXY was free and will pull that trailer as he has done many times
before.  So we are good to go on trailers and pullers.

Jim had come up Saturday of Memorial Day weekend for testing of the new
BIP/BOP box for the 6m antennas.  Worked OK and we tested it with the
amp too.  No propagation then so couldn't tell if the out-of-phase
setting would help.  That will be something we will look for in the
contest.  After we finished testing, Jim and I took down the 6m
antennas.  Johnny came on Sunday and we took down the 2m antennas and
checked out the BlackHawk trailer tires and lights, etc.

On Memorial Day Monday, I had a full day of it, moving six trailers
around the driveway to get them in position for Friday morning.  All
tires have been pressure checked, lights checked, etc.  I even removed
all four wheels from my Red trailer to adjust the new springs and then
reinstalled the wheels.  Starting to load some more things all this week
when I have time.  I have also completed the changes I have been making
to the 222 station and it is ready to go also.

Jerry is going to smoke a brisket on the mountain for Saturday night and
cook hamburgers for Sunday night.  I'll do the rest of the meals
including brats for our Friday night dinner.

I did call Glenn, the campground owner, and there is no problem about us
bringing the golf cart as usual.  Just a new person last year.  We need
to always remember to have them call Glenn if there is any question
about our visits to the campground.

Trailer pullers plan to be here early enough to hook up on Friday
morning and be able get underway about 9:30.  That's the usual time we
shoot for.

See you on Friday morning.  73, Bob