[Fourlanders] Digital Mode on VHF Contest Article

Jim Worsham wa4kxy at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 7 17:10:51 EST 2018

I know that KK6MC is an experienced VHF contest op so he probably didn’t mean to say that but I agree that he kind of did.  Other than that glitch though I thought that it was a great writeup.  You work the mode that matches the band and conditions that will put the most Qs in the log at that moment in time.  If band conditions change to favor a different mode then change mode.  I guess just like some folks VFO is stuck on 50.125 their mode button doesn’t work either.  Meteor Scatter is another thing.  With MSK144 I can’t think of any reason to run MS with SSB or CW anymore.  Folks just need to get over that.  Someone (Johnny?) should probably email N9ADG and KK6MC to let them know that the writeup might cause some confusion.  ARRL is good about printing corrections and clarifications if you point them out.