[Fourlanders] Foxtrot Charlie Charlie

Ron Rogers ww8rr at charter.net
Thu Mar 29 13:16:55 EDT 2018

Yes..I have held one for decades now. Used to be called the Third Class
Radiotelephone license. A requirement for all private and commercial pilots
using air band radios.

Not sure I would advise non-pilot or non-aircraft personnel to buy radios
and use these bands. Besides, with the plethora of radio equipment hams have
to choose from not sure there is a overwhelming need to purchase yet ANOTHER
air band only radio just to keep around.

And, you cannot just "hack" an amateur VHF band HT to work on those
frequencies. Amateur equipment is not FCC Type accepted for that service,
and very few (if any) current amateur VHF radios will operate on AM mode.
VHF Aircraft bands are AM..not analog FM, D-Star, or DMR

Ron

WW8RR

  _____