[Fourlanders] GaAs FET needed 3SK97 or equivalent

Bob Lear w4zst at windstream.net
Wed Jan 30 12:38:58 EST 2019

I need a Dual-Gate N-channel GaAs FET to repair an older Icom AG-1
Preamp.  Unable to find a suitable replacement in my inventory.

The device needed is a 3SK97 and it appears from searching that a 3SK129
or a BF981 are both suitable replacements
.
I realize that this is a very dated preamp and with some work it could
be updated with a newer device and some bias changes to make it better
but it is destined to just be used for satellite work and will be
satisfactory with the old device type.  It is useful because it has the
relays built in.

Appreciate any help.  I have some other FET's to trade if needed.
Thanks, 73, Bob W4ZST