[Fourlanders] January Contest

Bill Pence pence.bill at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 11:13:22 EST 2020

QST QST QST
hear ye hear ye!!

1st, Merry Christmas and a better 2021 to everyone!

I'll put the TL;DR info here:
*1. The January VHF Contest begins **2pm Sat Jan 18 and ends 11pm Sun Jan
19 2021. (times are as usual...) (these are EST times...)*

*2. our operator list must be submitted and approved PRIOR to the contest.*
*I plan to "lock" the list Monday Jan 11 at 7pm.  if you are on the list,
you will remain on the list unless you ask to be removed.*

*3. it is DUES time for 4 lander members! *Check via USPS to QRZ.COM
address for W4KXY or PayPal to w4kxy at bellsouth.net

----------------------------------
Now, With the continued social distancing, we will operate the January VHF
contest remotely.
I'll be on 6/2/432 from EM72VX with modest power and yagis at 25'-30' like
in September.

Please let me know if you wish to be added to the contest log submissions.
I can update as needed.  We can also adjust our center if needed.  Our
current entry criteria:
Eligibility list for: *Fourlanders Contest Team*
Geographic Area: 175 mile circle
Center: EM74wd

Please note: it is REQUIRED that your log specify the correct club name to
be counted as part of our combined score.  (for September we had 15 logs
submitted!)

It appears we may also have a new remote operator joining us from Idaho!
look for K7SYS on 6m!!
(we all remember him as K4SQC... and will be very happy to add his new call
into our logs.

for setting skeds, and finding rover info, the fourlandrers have a slack
channel. If you need the invite to the slack channel, please let me know
and I'll help you get access.
The channel has a fair amount of activity, even after the contest.

I got a couple of requests to be added to the contest list after the
contest in Sept.  so please be proactive if you wish to participate in the
club efort.

if there are other questions, let me know and let's find out info we'll
need! watch the 4 lander email reflector for SOTA activation during
the contest as well as rover activity!

changing our name to the correct official name in the ARRL contest database
messed up our June scores. we would have scored 384,495 and placed 6th out
of 44 clubs!

also, as before, if you wish to get N1MM+ and WSJT working, let's work that
out ASAP. it can be more than a 10 minute effort !! I am available to help
setup and with test QSO if needed.

For example, in my station setup, N1MM+ is the contest logger.  WSJT runs
"under" N1MM+ for digital QSO's, which are automatically added and dupe
checked in N1MM+ and finally
"N1MM to DXkeeper bridge" gets all contest QSO's added to my main station
log. Then after the contest, exporting the contest cabrillo is a couple of
steps in N1MM+ and  LOTW/eQSL
upload is a few clicks in DXkeeper.    The N1MM+ WSJT integration avoids
SSB/FT8 dupes.
This makes my reporting a breeze!

I don't currently use voice messaging from N1MM but might set that up for
January. with FT8/FT4, I do not make lots of SSB QSO's.  It's been on the
todo list for a bit...

that's about it for now, so 73!
KI4US
Bill