[Fourlanders] K4VJM

Ron ww8rr at charter.net
Sun Apr 4 16:43:04 EDT 2021

I know....I texted Bob myself with sadness.RonFrom my Samsung  S10
-------- Original message --------From: Jim Worsham <wa4kxy at bellsouth.net> Date: 4/4/21  3:51 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: Bob Lear <w4zst at windstream.net> Cc: FourLanders Contest Team <fourlanders at contesting.com> Subject: Re: [Fourlanders] K4VJM Damn Bob! I didn’t even know he was sick. What happened?73Jim, W4KXYSent from my iPadOn Apr 4, 2021, at 2:05 PM, Bob Lear <w4zst at windstream.net> wrote:

    Our long time Fourlanders member, Ivan White K4VJM, passed away on
    March 16th.  Below is a note from Diana.  Bob

    “My husband, my companion, my friend Ivan died
      last Tuesday. March 16.  He was at home, where he wanted to be,
      comfortable and at peace.  His long slow slide down is just what
      happens when a strong man is ready to go but in no hurry, ' cause
      he still likes hugs and kisses and being pampered, and hearing
      from those he cares about.  I am grateful that he was in no pain
      and completely unafraid.

         He was, to the end, aware and in touch.
      And quietly in the evening he went to sleep - and kept going.
         He is being cremated, as we had decided,
      and when the Covid crisis is over and it's safe. I'll set up a
      service where we can get together and celebrate Ivan's life and
      what he means in our lives.
         Thank you all so much, who held us up in
      prayer during these weeks, and continue to reach out to support
      me.  I send you my love and thanks, and Ivan's too, as he would
      expect me to do.
         Rest in God's love.”