[Fourlanders] New RF Exposure Rules

Ron Rogers ww8rr at charter.net
Thu Apr 29 09:57:22 EDT 2021

I haven't given it much thought  due to this statement issued from the ARRL in the original announcement a few months ago:

"For stations already in place, that evaluation must be completed by May 3, 2023.

After May 3 of this year, any new station, or any existing station modified in a way that’s likely to change its RFE profile — such as different antenna or placement or greater power — will need to conduct an evaluation by the date of activation or change."

Well, I haven't made any changes, nor do I expect to.

Also, this statement was in the last sentence of the original ARRL bulletin :

"In addition, ARRL is developing tools that all hams can use to perform exposure assessments"

So….I now await the ARRL announcement about new tools being made available.

Ron

WW8RR