[Fourlanders] SATURDAY! Local YL to be a host of a major Podcast SATURDAY!

Tom McElroy tommcelroy.mail at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 12:38:00 EST 2021

Local YL to be a host of a major Podcast.

Hello Folks,
Audrey KM4BUN has been working closely with Amanda Alden K1DDN and Karin
Thompson, owner programmer of RT Systems.

Together, they will be part of a Ham Radio podcast for the Northern
Colorado Amateur Radio Club.
[image: 2020 Dec YOTA Audrey IMG_5987.jpg]
So if you think that we need to add a youthful "spring in the step" of Ham
Radio, watch Audrey, and gather other kids to watch with you.  Our goal is
to make Ham Radio appealing to more women and children.

Here at Ham Clan McElroy, we use Ham Radio as the ultimate STEM activity.
If you haven't been in a classroom in recent years, STEM isn't anything you
don't already know.

It just has a catchy name, it stands for "Science Technology Engineering
Mathematics''.
We strive to make Ham Radio a normal STEM activity for kids who want to be
technology developers,
or kids who just want to have personal command and control of the risk and
reward of technology that increasingly surrounds them.

"If you make it attractive, they will come!"

73
Jack KM4ZIA
Janet K4PRM
Audrey KM4BUN
Tom W4SDR

[image: Home] <http://ncarc.net/>

Northern Colorado Amateur Radio Club <http://ncarc.net/>
Main menu

   - Home Page <http://ncarc.net/?q=node/1>
   - Our Club <http://ncarc.net/?q=node/179>
      - <http://ncarc.net/?q=node/179>
      - <http://ncarc.net/?q=node/3>
      - <http://ncarc.net/?q=node/123>
      - <http://ncarc.net/?q=node/171>
      - <http://ncarc.net/?q=join>
      - <http://ncarc.net/?q=node/424>
   - Repeaters <http://ncarc.net/?q=node/2>
      - <http://ncarc.net/?q=node/2>
      - <http://ncarc.net/?q=node/39>
      - <http://ncarc.net/?q=node/130>
   - Newsletters <http://ncarc.net/?q=node/300>
      - <http://ncarc.net/?q=node/300>
      - <http://ncarc.net/?q=node/196>
      - <http://ncarc.net/?q=node/4>
      - <http://ncarc.net/?q=node/8>
      - <http://ncarc.net/?q=node/9>
      - <http://ncarc.net/?q=node/10>
      - <http://ncarc.net/?q=node/11>
      - <http://ncarc.net/?q=node/12>
      - <http://ncarc.net/?q=node/13>
   - Photo Albums <http://ncarc.net/?q=photos>
   - Resources <http://ncarc.net/?q=node/423>
      - <http://ncarc.net/?q=node/423>
      - <http://ncarc.net/?q=node/426>
      - <http://ncarc.net/?q=node/427>
      - <http://ncarc.net/?q=node/59>
      - <http://ncarc.net/?q=node/60>

Secondary menu

   - Report Interference <http://ncarc.net/?q=node/508>
   - Nets <http://ncarc.net/?q=node/5>
   - "Become a Ham" <http://ncarc.net/?q=node/57>
   - E-Mail Reflector <http://ncarc.net/?q=node/14>
   - For Sale Items <http://ncarc.net/?q=for-sale-items>

Home Page
2021 NCARC Tech Fest <http://ncarc.net/?q=node/536>  http://ncarc.net/

Join us for the first ever NCARC Tech Fest.  We've got an all star lineup
of fantastic speakers and topics.  This event will replace the HamFest we
typically hold in January, but we look forward to seeing you all in person
again in 2022

Get all the details on this exciting event and sign up.
<http://ncarc.net/?q=node/535>
Presentations include:

Gene Spinelli - VP8PJ South Orkney Dxpedition
Ward Silver - Grounding and Bonding
Tim Duffy - The K3LR Story
Rob Steenburgh - Space Weather and Propagation - This presentation will
describe the types of space weather, the impacts on radio operators, and
recent developments in space weather research and operations.
Bob Heil - Host of Hamnation
Amanda, Val, Audrey McElroy and others - Women in Ham Radio
Kristina Collins  - WWV100 Results and the Festival of Frequencies
Karin Thompson - RT Systems: Program basic use and advanced features
and more to come!

Registration:
*Click here ===>  http://ncarc.net/ <http://ncarc.net/>*
This event is free to attend, but registration is required.  Registration
is quick and easy on this online form.  While this form requires an email
address, we will never spam you, nor give your email to any other group or
organization.  It will only be used to communicate with you for this
event.  In the unlikely event that the registrations exceed our server
capacity, the event will be streamed to YouTube for overflow viewing.