[Fourlanders] Fwd: [Special] [FrontRange6Meter] Zoom Recording - Software Defined Radios - Part 1 Hardware by Paul N2EME - May 12, 2021 https://youtu.be/GCTTUvajQ_U

Bob Lear w4zst at windstream.net
Mon May 17 22:03:57 EDT 2021

I have been messing with the SDR dongles and others for many years now
and had tried all the various radios and software programs available.
It has been a long time since I had looked at SDR console and when I saw
this video I was amazed at what all it can now do.  this has some real
implications for use looking at and decoding multiple frequencies and
modes at the same time.  I think it may really be something to try on
6m.  Check it out.  I was pretty easily able to get an SDR play RSP1
connected, downloaded the latest SDR console version and had four slice
receivers going.  One on a beacon, one on 50.125, one on 50.260 and one
on 50.313.  There was some FT8 activity and I could see the tones (even
though I was on the 2m EME antennas!).  I didn't try to run multiple
instances of JTx but that's what the guys are doing.  Certainly haven't
figured it all out but it sure is interesting.  Maybe some of you will
want to check it out also.  I guess I shouldn't really be surprised as
it's written by Simon Brown who made Ham Radio Deluxe what it is and
he's obviously gotten the SDR bug with this.  I knew he was doing it but
way back I kind of preferred the SDR# software myself when I was messing
with the SDR units and quit looking at some of the others.

There will be a part two of this done by another ham next week. I'll
post that on the Fourlanders reflector here when I get that info.  Also
there have been a lot of very good Zoom meetings the past few months put
together for the 'Front Range Group' and they are available on YouTube.
Just search on YouTube for 'Front Range Six Meter Group' and you will
find them.

73, Bob