[Fourlanders] W4NH January VHF contest planning

Bob Lear w4zst at windstream.net
Fri Dec 22 17:30:00 EST 2023

The January Contest is just around the corner.  Time to sign up as
operators and for bed space if you want to stay over.  It is the weekend
of Jan 20-21 and starts at 2PM on Saturday and lasts till 11PM on Sunday
night.  Besides the terrestrial contact possibilities, we will have one
and a half moon passes for the contest.  It will only be a few days
before full moon so conditions should be good for both.

Great news:  Jerry has already signed up and volunteered to cook for us
again.  We will be looking forward to that for sure and as usual Jerry
will have a fantastic menu planned.

The analog only (phone and CW) category is again available for this
contest so we can hope to make some phone Q's too.  We will enter as
all-mode which includes digital.

Do let me know if you want to participate so I can inform Jerry for the
number of meals needed.   And also first come first served on bed space
as usual.

I am hoping that Brian will again be able to bring the 900/1296 portable
station and get us some EME Q's on those bands for the contest.  He may
also be able to make some terrestrial Q's and I will also have both 900
and 1296 available and possibly 2304 for terrestrial.  If the weather is
nice we may also be able to sked some 10GHz Q's in the NE direction.

So put the date on your calendars and also reserve the dates for the
June and September contests for 2024.  See you then

73, Bob W4ZST