[Fourlanders] FW: [VHFcontesting] CQ WW VHF Log Submission Issues

John Kludt johnnykludt at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 19:38:31 EDT 2023

Ron,

Yes, I got caught up in this.  Not that it mattered - a "really big score"
in this neck of the woods was maybe 1,000 points.  Propagation was, well
there wasn't any out here.  Lots of "one and done" on Sunday which was
better than "none and done" on Saturday.  I managed a MSK144 Q with K7ULS
late on Saturday with 60 or so watts and a moxon.  That was pretty cool!
But with the non-existent  propagation I confess CQWWVHF had competition.
Stage 14 and 15 of the TDF (Tour de France) were real nail biters with only
10 seconds between the Yellow Jersey and second place.  Tomorrow is a time
trial and then back to the mountains.  My daughter Katie has turned into a
real tennis nut so of course we had to watch Wimbleton and the semi's and
the finals were this weekend.  Glad Alcaraz won it all at 19 years old on
the men's side.  Good for him.  I wish Jabur had prevailed on the women's
side but second isn't bad.  And then of course we had to go hit 4 buckets
of tennis balls every day.  Here is the irony: I watched the N1MM decode
list carefully.  I would be gone for an hour or so doing any of the
above and come back and no changes on the decode list!  Phooey!

Let's hope September is better - it couldn't be much worse!

73 from Idaho,

Johnny K7SYS (ex-K4SQC)