[Fourlanders] June Contest

Bob Lear w4zst at windstream.net
Thu May 25 20:16:02 EDT 2023

A little late with an announcement as I had been very busy before Dayton
with the trip planning and truck trouble.  A good trip and back now.
Kos reminded me that I hadn't made an announcement about the contest.
Contest is June 10th and 11th.  2PM Saturday until 11PM Sunday night.

Once again, we will operate W4NH for the June VHF contest from the W4ZST
shack as we have since the mountain trip days seem to be over until we
identify another possible location.  We don't really need band captains
as I really still don't want to have to take down my stations.  They are
working well and contest grade anyway.  Bill and hopefully Bob and Brian
will come up early again to tend to computer issues and help with
anything else needing to be done.  We will have the usual four bands
with the amps and BTW, the Commander 6m is fine and I have put a new and
better relay on the Beko and tested it. Also going back to the IC7300 on
6m this time.  I will have both 902/3 and 1296 available and I feel I'll
have time to fix the minor problem with 2304 and get that band back on
the air too.  The microwave antennas are still up from the Jan contest.
I haven't checked on EME situation for the contest weekend but the
stations are ready.  Maybe Brian will put us on 1296 EME for the contest
if conditions look good.

I expect a similar group of operators like we had last time.  We have
also invited some young folks from Athens to visit and join us for
Saturday night dinner.  The usual bed spaces available.

Jerry will again do the meals for us and we are looking forward to that
for sure.  He never disappoints and we leave no leftovers!!

Contact me with any questions or to sign up to operate or visit for the
contest.

73, Bob