No subject

Joe Stepansky joe@microserve.net
Wed, 01 Nov 2000 17:49:05 -0500

                    CQ WORLD WIDE DX CONTEST -- 2000

      Call:      KQ3F
      Category:  Single Unlimited
      Power:     High Power
      Band:      All Band

      BAND     QSO    ZONES COUNTRIES

      160        7       3       2
       80       33      10      29
       40      121      28      79
       20      547      29     117
       15      472      36     124
       10      833      33     127

     Totals   2013     139     478  =>  3,545,282

Equipment Description:

ICOM IC-765, SB-220
TH7DX at 55 ft / 2 el. 40 at 63 feet. / Inv vee for 80/160

Did it all with my real voice, and was surprised it was strong
the entire contest.  Don't know why I had so few zones on 20, it
just worked out that way.

500,000 more points than last year, due entirely to packet (which
was out here most of Saturday afternoon).  Makes the contest less
"lonesome".

To K3OO:  your daughter is a fantastic operator.  If I was in the
same pileup with her, I just waited until she worked the station
before calling.  The signal and that wonderful voice were too much
to overcome.

I need to do something about 160 meters.  The FP station couldn't
hear me even though I was the only one calling.  Still, got US/VE
and three zones.  But that 80 meter vee even with a tuner isn't
cutting it on 160.

--
Submissions:              frc@contesting.com
Administrative requests:  frc-REQUEST@contesting.com