[FRC] FRC DXpedition IRC Room

Douglas Priest w3cf@home.com
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 15:56:17 -0400

If any of the DXpeditions need a place to meet and swap ideas, problems,
skeds etc....they can use the #V26B IRC room on the Othernet server system.
I use mIRC software and connect to the Othernet Random Server which is in
the server list when you download the mIRC. Connect  to #V26B. I had
internet spots in there for a while but have taken them out as I know many
FRC do not like internet spots. Anyone in the club is welcome to join us. I
am there or connected all the time joined by various members of the team so
stop by and say hi. If you need help with the software or connecting let me
know.

Its good from any internet connection in the world and can be password
protected if desired.

If you want internet spots you can also connect to the #CQDX IRC room on the
same server. N6RT has done a great job and there are typically 10-20 ctys
connected. As I said before the spots in this room are in the exact format
needed to import into CT using DXTelnet. So even if you cant stay connected
24/7 from a DX location you could check in and fill ur band map and sign
off.\

LESS THAN THREE WEEKS TILL KICK-OFF!!

73

Doug W3CF