[FRC] Computer question

Charles Fulp k3ww@fast.net
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 00:34:56 -0000

Anyone have a clue why my CT Ethernet connection fails with a 100 mHz
Pentium set up with DOS 6.22 (no windows at all)
With EVERYTHING set up the same my old 486-33 runs all weekend with no
problems on the K1TTT ethernet connection to a 486-66 which is
my mult station computer.
Any thoughts about anything that could be set up that would prevent the
Pentium from hearing the output of the 486-66 after from a few minutes to
perhaps an hour of working just as the old computer did.
The 486-66 gets info from the Pentium, but the Pentium stops hearing the
486-66 output.  The Ethernet card and drivers are moved from the pentium to
the 486-33 and back where they work just fine indefinitely.

The pain of upgrading.

73 Chas K3WW

--
Submissions:              frc@contesting.com