[FRC] RE:e-qsl's

Robert Shohet kq2m@mags.net
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 14:58:20 -0400

Hi John,

> I've looked at it/signed up/replied to a few qsls, but only as a passing
> fancy.  It's pretty neat, but since the ARRL doesn't accept e-qsls, unless
> something has recently changed, I feel it's a waste of time .

I completely agree with what John said in his reply to you.  I might also
add that I have repeatedly asked questions of the Webmaster and all my
questions and follow-up questions and e-mails have been summarily ignored.
Not one e-mail has ever even been acknowledged.  I feel that this kind of
behavior is very rude and insulting especially from a service that actively
seeks our support, financial and otherwise.

Although the concept is a fine one, until and unless the webmaster attitude
changes, I can't and won't support it or recommend it.  Likewise, until and
unless the various award committees accept e-qls's for credit, there seems
to be no point in using it.  Besides, I still like the physical QSL itself,
there is something unique and special about each card -  IMO, a virtual card
is just not the same.

73

Bob KQ2M

--