[FRC] Re: [frcc] WRTC Team Captains

Robert Shohet kq2m@mags.net
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 11:02:02 -0400

Hi Glenn,

Tnx for the congrats and the very kind words!

> Congratulations Bob!
>
> You are truly one of the best of the best and you deserve to be a team
> captain at WRTC!

> Re: N2CY's query about the teammate choice ... I believe the rules
prohibit
> Bob from choosing another active FRCer as a teammate.  I think Dan is a
good
> choice.

That is correct.  In WRTC 2000 we were prohibited from choosing another club
member.  But as someone selected from the Wildcard process that rule did not
apply to me.  However, since the Team Captains were notified a long time
before the wildcards, K1ZM had already chosen N2NT before I was notified
that I could go.  Andy was no longer available and I choose my friend Dan,
W7WA.

We worked well as a team together in WRTC 2000, and when I confirmed that he
was available for WRTC 2002, I gladly asked him again to be my teammate.  If
Dan had not been able to go, I would have immediately asked Andy.

Tnx & 73

Bob KQ2M

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/