[FRC] CONGRATS TO ALL V47KP SCORE

Robert Shohet kq2m@mags.net
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 13:31:25 -0500

HI Alex,

Congrats on a great job!  Also, thank you for working me on ALL 6 bands on
CW & SSB!

Here is the value in the "last qsy" to another band that Alex did for me:

On CW, I got another mult and q that took about 1 minute which was worth
about 14,775 points for me! and on SSB I got another mult and q that also
took about 1 min which was worth 13,371 points.

So the last two qsy's that Alex made for me (that took about 2 min operating
time) gained 28,146 points for my score.

Assuming that Alex was doing 150/hr. at the time, he made 2 qso's vs. the 5
he would have had at that rate had he not qsy'ed) so he "lost" about 2,000
points.  NET GAIN TO THE CLUB is about 26,000 points!!! OR, 13,000 points
per minute!

What's 13,000 points per minute?  Glad you asked... that's 37.44 MILLION
 additional points (37,440,000) over a single 48 hour contest period!  WOW!!

In CQWW it was just as good!  In CQWWCW a qsy from Alex was worth about
14,500 points and in CQWWSSB about 12,500 points.

So in theory, if Alex just qsy'ed to different bands for all of us each
contest, Alex could contribute about an additional 15 - 20 million points
per ARRLDX (both modes) over and above what he is doing now.  Of course,
that would NOT be fair to Alex and would be real boring and discourage him
from the V4 dxpeditions.  It just goes to point out though that SIMPLE
things, done "right" and done for the benefit of the club, can have an
ENORMOUS positive impact in the club score!

 PRETTY DARN GOOD TRADEOFF!  THE CLUB GAINS BECAUSE ALEX WAS BEING A TEAM
PLAYER AND LOOKING TO MAXIMIZE FRC SCORE!  GOOD JOB ALEX!!

Now, can we extend that kind of thinking among the club members to get on
and support those of us who like the CQWPX SSB in three weeks?  Your 1 or 2
qso's could easily add 50 mults and several hundred qso's and millions of
points to our club scores!  (And we will be MUCH easier to find on the bands
than in ARRLDX because of lower activity and likely better cndx.

73

Bob KQ2M