[FRC] FRC ROSTER etc

Charles Fulp k3ww@fast.net
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 14:31:55 -0000

OK  lots of misunderstanding out there.
FRC RECORDS/DATABASE are kept by the score/database keeper.  Thats K3WW.
You report your SCORES after every contest (at least ARRL DX and CQWW) to
K3WW
for credit for FRC awards, and to meet your membership requirement.
You report changes of address to K3WW, or the Secretary who forwards them to
K3WW.
Our present ACCESS database was designed by W6TER about 4 years ago and has
EVERYTHING in it.  Every meeting you have been to, every ARRL DX and CQWW
point you
have been credited with, possibly even your mistresses home phone number (we
have
ways to encourage participation).

Changes in address and things like that should be reported to K3WW or K3NZ,
so we can keep uptodate.   Some guys change Email every week or two, so that
is really tricky to keep perfect.
Some move and we eventually get bounced newsletters.  Some work contests and
never tell
anyone.

>From time to time these requests have been published in the newsletter
(probably 2 to 3 times per
year average)

Please consider helping Dan and Jerry as they put together a handbook.
It is obvious, that where to find stuff around here, is not easy enough for
newcommers to get a
handle on.

73 Chas K3WW

--