[HOOPER] Fwd..Server Needs to be Upgrade.

AB4RU@aol.com AB4RU@aol.com
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 17:43:44 EST

--part1_84.208b6c81.2953c3a0_boundary

--part1_84.208b6c81.2953c3a0_alt_boundary

Hi Hooper Researchers,

As many of you know this list is operated free of charge. The owner W4AN is
asking for any contribution to update the server. Any amount will be
appreciated by Bill. N5KO & W4AN and the similar, are ham radio call signs.
My ham call is W4WA.

See info below as to where to send a contribution. This is only a request and
not a requirement

Thanks in advance,
Ron Hooper

In a message dated 12/20/01 3:43:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-hooper@contesting.com writes:

> Hi all,
>
> We have been using the same server for the contesting.com mailing lists
> for the past 6 years or more.  N5KO and I paid for the original server,
> and I've paid for a new motherboard and a hard drive or two when they have
> failed.
>
> But now its time to replace the entire box.  I had hoped to get eHam.net
> to pay for the new server, but there hasn't been enough revenue from
> advertising.  The plan is to purchase a used box on eBay or UBid.  We
> don't have big CPU/Memory requirements.  We just need something with
> redundant hard drives (RAID) and power supplies, and hopefully something
> new enough that we can find replacement parts if something fails.
>
> I hope some of you will have extracted enough value from these lists to
> see fit to contribute something toward a new server.  Your contribution
> will only go to the purchase of a new contesting.com mail server.  Nothing
> else.  We will take up $1,000 in contributions, and if the server costs
> more... N5KO, AD1C, KM3T, and I will make up the difference.
>
> You can make your contribution online at the following URL:

> http://www.store.eham.net/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online-store/scstore/p-eHAM-CONTESTING.html?E+scstore
> or you can can send a check to:
>
> eHam.net
> 5095 Hamptons Club Drive
> Alpharetta, GA  30004
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> 73
>
> Bill Fisher, W4AN

--part1_84.208b6c81.2953c3a0_alt_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3>Hi Hooper Researchers,<BR>
<BR>
As many of you know this list is operated free of charge. The owner W4AN is asking for any contribution to update the server. Any amount will be appreciated by Bill. N5KO &amp; W4AN and the similar, are ham radio call signs. My ham call is W4WA.<BR>
<BR>
See info below as to where to send a contribution. This is only a request and not a requirement <BR>
<BR>
Thanks in advance,<BR>
Ron Hooper<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
In a message dated 12/20/01 3:43:38 PM Eastern Standard Time, owner-hooper@contesting.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Hi all,<BR>
<BR>
We have been using the same server for the contesting.com mailing lists<BR>
for the past 6 years or more.&nbsp; N5KO and I paid for the original server,<BR>
and I've paid for a new motherboard and a hard drive or two when they have<BR>
failed. <BR>
<BR>
But now its time to replace the entire box.&nbsp; I had hoped to get eHam.net<BR>
to pay for the new server, but there hasn't been enough revenue from<BR>
advertising.&nbsp; The plan is to purchase a used box on eBay or UBid.&nbsp; We<BR>
don't have big CPU/Memory requirements.&nbsp; We just need something with<BR>
redundant hard drives (RAID) and power supplies, and hopefully something<BR>
new enough that we can find replacement parts if something fails.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
I hope some of you will have extracted enough value from these lists to<BR>
see fit to contribute something toward a new server.&nbsp; Your contribution<BR>
will only go to the purchase of a new contesting.com mail server.&nbsp; Nothing<BR>
else.&nbsp; We will take up $1,000 in contributions, and if the server costs<BR>
more... N5KO, AD1C, KM3T, and I will make up the difference.<BR>
<BR>
You can make your contribution online at the following URL:<BR>
<BR>
http://www.store.eham.net/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online-store/scstore/p-eHAM-CONTESTING.html?E+scstore<BR>
or you can can send a check to:<BR>
<BR>
eHam.net<BR>
5095 Hamptons Club Drive<BR>
Alpharetta, GA&nbsp; 30004<BR>
<BR>
Thanks in advance.<BR>
<BR>
73<BR>
<BR>
Bill Fisher, W4AN<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
</FONT></HTML>