[HOOPER] Re: Hooper Newsletter 2001

MarynJT@aol.com MarynJT@aol.com
Wed, 2 May 2001 00:42:31 EDT

This is a copy of the Newsletter we sent out recently.  I thought I would put
one on the reflector  for those that may not be on the mailing list.

It's almost that time of year again!!!  HOOPERFEST 2001!!!  July 21, 2001!!!
Upper Pavilion at Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds.  10:00 A.M until???
So make your plans now.  Lets have a record turnout this year.  Bring any new
family info that you would like to share.  Remember, we are always open to
suggestions that will make our reunion even better.  And we need nelp in
planning and organizing.
(Newsletters--new officers, etc.)

Hope to see many of you at our Friday Night Social and of course everyone on
Saturday.

Best wishes,

Cousin, John T. Hooper

Hi Cousins and family members,

We hope to see you at the reunion in July.  This will be our 12th one.  Let's
make it a big one.  Please everyone sign in when you arrive.  We had very few
people to sign in last year and we need you  to keep us updated on your
change of address.  Last November when I sent our newsletters, there were
over 80 returned.  I try to keep the address list current,.  I deleted quite
a few names from the list due to incorrect addresses, so if you did not get a
newsletter, this may be the reason.

We are looking forward to going to Georgia the first week of May.  We will be
at our place in Blairsville several months this summer.  Our address there
will be P.O. Box 2802, Blairsville, GA  30514.  Our phone # will be (706)
745-2504.  My email address will be marynjt@alltel.net.  It will probably be
the 2nd week of May before I will be on line.

Remember the Friday Night Meeting will be held at the Senior Citizen Center
in Hiawassee, Georgia starting about 6:00 P.M.  We always enjoy that time of
fellowship and going over new family records and pictures that someone
brings.  So make your plans to come.

For those who have written and asked about copies of "A Glimpse Into The
Past" , I still have some copies left.  Not very many, but we do have some.
If you would like to have one, now is the time to get it, this will be the
last copies made.  They are $55.00.  This includes postage and a seperate

We will be recognizing some of the ones who have made our family reunions the
success they are and have attended almost every year since the beginning.  We
also want to have some of the cousins tell us the history of their family.
So if you are
called on, please participate.

I am also in agreement with John.  We need some suggestions and your help in
making the reunions more interesting and entertaining.  We are getting older
and we need some younger people able to take over and keep it going.  If you
have any suggestions or would like to help in any way, call me or John and we
will be glad to talk with you.

I also want to let you know J. T. is doing great and is looking forward to
going to Georgia.

Looking forward to seeing you,

Your cousin,

Mary Hooper Crocker