[HOOPER] Hooper Garrett Information

AB4RU@aol.com AB4RU@aol.com
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 07:55:47 EDT

In a message dated 9/16/01 9:28:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
eaglefly@samlink.com writes:

> Do you know if Minerva Hooper, daughter of William and Caroline Eller
>  > Hooper, had a son by the name of William Garrett with her husband,
>  James
>  > Garrett.  I am a descendant of a James Grayson Garrett and Hulda
>  Caroline
>  > Burrell.  My James had an older son by the name of William from his
>  first
>  > marriage who appears him and his 2nd wife in the 1900 census.  He was
>  > also married twice according to a later census.  All of my great
>  > grandfather's children were born in Towns County, GA which is where
>  > Minerva and James G. Garrett were married.  I have been searching
>  almost
>  > a year for proof that my James Grayson is the same man who was married
>  > Minerva.  Any help or advise regarding Minerva would be much
>  appreciated.
>  > Blessings,
>  > Ginger
>  >

Ginger,

I am just getting caught up on some e-mails. I been trying to figure out
exactly what your looking for. Manerva Hooper can be found in the 1880 Towns
County Census living with her siblings and mother, Caroline. The head of
house is listed as John Trusty. James Garrett was also known as "Little Jim"
and can be found living with his parents in the 1880 Towns County, census,
age 17. I found a William Greyson Garrett, son of James M Garrett, that lived
in Towns County. William Greyson Garrett is James G Garrett's first cousin.
Since they were both born abt 1863, they were probably good friends and grew
up together. I could not find anything that proved James' name was also
Greyson but it looks very likely, since Greyson was used by other close
family members.  I do not show any children for Minerva and James. Can you
send me the information you have on Minerva Hooper and James G Garrett?
BTW..I have a picture of Minerva's sister, Sarah Florida Hooper, married the
Tanner. She is buried near here in Banks County, Georgia. I do not have your
e-mail address or would send this to you directly. I got your note from a
posting that Richard sent you on the Garretts and assume your assigned to the
list. .

Ron Hooper

--
Submissions:              hooper@contesting.com