[Hooper] Hooper project year end report

WadeGlasck@aol.com WadeGlasck@aol.com
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 21:26:56 EST

Greetings friends and relatives,

It's been an exciting year for the Hooper DNA project. We've learned a lot
about our ancestors and found many new relatives. I'd like to summarize some
of the developments from the project.
To date 31 men have signed up for the Hooper project. We have results for 21
of the participants. The lab is closed though Jan. 2 so we won't have any new
results until after the first of the new year.
So far the project has shown that James Hooper (born 1745 from Union County,
KY), Jesse Hooper (born 1758 from Davidson (Cheatham) County, TN), Absalom
Hooper (born 1764 from Haywood County, NC), Dr. Enos C. Hooper (born 1796
from Graham Co., NC and Monroe Co. TN), Andrew Hooper (born 1805 from Bradley
Co. TN) and Absalom Hooper (born 1807 from Polk Co. TN) were all relatives.
Prior to this project there had been suspicions that some of these men could
have been related but no paper records had ever been found to connect them.
For those of you with connections to these men your family tree is now
enormous!
In another development, the project has shown that John Hooper (born 1783
from Haywood/Jackson County, NC) was not a genetic relative of the above
group. Previously John was believed to be the son of Absalom Hooper (born
1764 from Haywood Co. NC). The descendants of John Hooper have found a new
direction for their research and are furiously attempting to discover where
their ancestor fits into the southeastern Hooper scheme.
Also the Obediah Hooper (born 1720 from Hanover Co. VA and Wilkes Co. GA)
branch has been shown to be unrelated to any of the other Hooper branches.
Many other Hooper families were also residents of Wilkes Co. GA before,
during and after the Revolutionary War and the possibility existed that they
and Obediah were somehow related. The testing now indicates that this is not
true.
We also have three participants that thus far have not found Hooper matches.
They belong to the William Hooper (born 1782 from Massachusetts), Wesley
Hooper (born 1814 from North Carolina) and William Hooper (born 1821 from
Kentucky) lines. Hopefully there will be future candidates that will match
with these lines.
Among the participants with pending results are those from the Clemmons
Hooper (born 1770 from Haywood Co./Jackson Co. NC), James Hooper (born 1776
from Georgia or North Carolina), Samuel A. Hooper, Sr. (born 1770 from South
Carolina) and Charles Noah Hooper (born 1802 from North Carolina) lines.
The project continues to grow and expand and hopefully the new year will add
more candidates for all of these lines and many more besides. If you are a
Hooper male or the friend or relative of a Hooper male we invite you to learn
more about our project and to consider taking the test as well.
Please visit the wonderful website of our friend and new relative Clay Hooper
at <A HREF="http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~hooperconnections/">http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~hooperconnections/</A>
May you all have a pleasant and joyful new year.

Wade Glascock

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---