[Hooper] Hoopers in Linkinhorne, County Cornwall England

Deanna Baumgardner diane@nrgrecording.com
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 18:55:53 -0700

According to the Flora Hooper Collier book, the ancestors of Obediah
Hooper were from Linkinhorne, County Cornwall England.  I have found in
searching in May of 1641 during the reign of Charles I, it was agreed
and ordered that every Member of the House of Commons and House of Lords
should make a Protestation (declaration of loyalty) distribute it and
make all males over the age of 18 years take an oath.  There were 235
names and no one dissented.  Among the names listed was WILLIAM HOOPER.

The Census was taken in the parish of Linkinhorne on 5th. October 1660.
 It lists all persons over the age of 16 years liable to pay tax.and the
following HOOPERS were listed:

MRS. RIDIGON HOOPER, WID
WILLIAM HOOPER
MRS. ELIZABETH HOOPER
MRS. GRACE HOOPER
MRS. JANE HOOPER

How can we find out what happened to these people?  Deanna Hooper
Baumgardner