[Hooper] Re: Hooper newsletter and reunion

MarynJT@aol.com MarynJT@aol.com
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 13:47:06 EDT

For those of you who might not be on the Hooper mailing list I am putting a
copy of the newsletter concerning the reunion in Hiawasse, GA:

Hello all,

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS WILL BE OUR 13TH HOOPER FAMILY REUNION?
Many thanks to all of you who came the reunion in Hiawassee last year.  Thank
you for helping to make it a success year after year.  We really enjoy seeing
all of you from year to year and each year meeting new cousins.  Sadly some
that have been faithful to attend year after year since the first year are no
longer with us.  The reunion this year will be on Saturday July 20, 2002 at
the Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds in Hiawassee, Georgia.  As a tribute to our
first President of the Hooper Reunion, Faye Hooper Twiggs, this years reunion
will be dedicated to the memory of Faye.  Faye passed away on September 10,
2001.  We will miss her.

John Hooper

Not only was Faye our first President, but she was one of the original
organizers of the reunion.  As she put it the year we were planning a get
together of the family,
" we are planning a family picnic".  She had been passing on her knowledge of
the Hooper Family for many years to anyone that was interested.  She was
always ready to welcome into her home any of the cousins that came by wanting
information on the Hooper Family History.  J.T. and I (Mary) visited with her
many times since 1987.  And we had a great turnout that first year and every
year since.  Many thanks to  Faye Hooper Twiggs for her dedication to Hooper
Family History.  Our love and appreciation for her is tremendous.

The time for the reunion is 10:00 A.M. until?????   Please be sure and bring
enough
food for your family and we will spread it together.  Also bring any pictures
and information on your family or your research on the family you would like
to share with us.

One thing we would like for you to be thinking about between now and then is
new officers for the reunion.  John has done a wonderful job as president,
but he has been president for a lot of years and has expressed his desire
several times for someone else to take over the duties of President.  Also I
don't know how many years J.T. and I will be able to make the trip to
Georgia.  It is really hard on J.T. to drive that far now.
We are going to go to Georgia either the first of June or the first of July.
If you think you would like to consider being an officer of the reunion,
please contact me  (Mary)
or John.

If anyone wants a copy of the book, "A Glimpse Into The Past" I still have
about 20
books left.  They sell for $55.00.  When these are gone, there will not be
anymore.  We do not plan to reprint again.

We are looking forward to seeing all our cousins again on July 20th.  Please
come and join us.

Mary Hooper Crocker

Since this letter was sent out, JT and I will be in Blairsville  probably
July 2.
Our phone number will be (706) 745-4290
email address will be:  marynjtc@alltell.net.

mary hooper crocker