[Hooper] Family Trees

Ken Hooper khooper at berdex.mb.ca
Mon Dec 29 14:23:22 EST 2003

I was wandering around the internet. Found this site and thought I might throw my 2 cents worth in.

We believe our family originated in the Jersey Channel Islands. My great grandfather (Thomas) was very well educated. (read and wrote at least 4/5 languages) He immigrated to Canada and lived in the Toronto Ontario area.
He came to Canada with several brothers and sisters who spread out over North America. My Grandfather (Henry) lived in the area of Orillia Ontario. He had 3 sons and a daughter.

I am going to have to find the information, however my mother did do some research on a family tree.

I do not know of anyone in the family who has had a DNA test done.

We did run into a family of Hoopers who came up from the USA to Winnipeg Canada (where I live), the resemblance between the male who arrived here and my grandfather (Henry) was uncanny. In fact they could have been identical twins. The information on this is in my mothers research. I will certainly try to find it and give you more information.
Regards
Ken Hooper
                       Profit - is not, a four letter word.

                        Ken Hooper