[Hooper] Tennessee Hoopers

JACK and NAOMI GREEN jacknomie at gci.net
Sat Jul 12 09:18:37 EDT 2003

Deanna:

I think I made a mistake on that first list, so I will just include here
those I have from TN in 1830 with the county name.

Mo is the abbreviation for Monroe, but Mt is the abbreviation for
Montgomery.  I will not put the page number, because the census index CD's
which I purchased 4 or 5 years ago, sometimes leave off the first digit of a
three digit number.  For instance, Thomas Hooper is on it as being on page
44, but he is actually on Page 145 of Monroe County.  He is listed a second
time as Thomas Hoopers, Page 44, Monroe County, but when I compare his name
to the name Carter, with both ending with an "r", they are the same.  I
think it is just a "curlecue" on the end of the name.

I have all of these in my census tracking sheets for Tennessee.  I also put
all the Hopper spellings, because I have found in some cases Hopper in one
census and Hooper in another.  I even found one family that was Hopper on
the first sheet and where the family was continued on the next sheet, it was
Hooper, or vice versa.  I would have to look it up.

I also found a William Hopper in Claiborne Co., TN in 1830 and 1840, but I
have what I believe is his will and he was William Hooper on it.

All these listings are on the index again for 1832, which was a tax list,
evidently.

Absolom H. Hooper - Wayne Co.
Absolom Hooper, Estate of - Davidson
Alfred Hooper - Humphreys
Andrew Hooper - McMinn
Andy Hooper - Cocke
Asa Hooper - Montgomery
Austin Hooper - Davidson
Bailey Hooper - Humphreys
Benjamin Hooper - Carroll
Benjamin Hooper - Smith
Churchill Hooper - Davidson
Claibourne Hooper - Davidson
Clemmons Hooper - Cocke
Clemmons Hooper - Cocke (father and son)
Daniel Hooper - Bedford
Daniel Hooper - Marion
Dixon Hooper - Perry
Edward Hooper - White
Enoch Hooper - Perry
Enis Hooper - Monroe
George Hooper - Wilson
Henry Hooper - Hardeman
Hiram Hooper - Sevier
Isaac Hooper - Sevier
Isaac N. Hooper - Sumner
Jacob Hooper - Sevier
James Hooper - Smith
James Hooper - Bedford
James Hooper - Davidson
James Hooper - Humphreys
James Hooper Sr. - Blount
Jane Hooper - Davidson
Jeffrey Hooper - Davidson
Jesse Hooper - Davidson
John Hooper - Davidson
John Hooper - Franklin
John Hooper - McMinn
John Hooper - Monroe
John Hooper - Sevier
John Hooper - Wilson
John R. Hooper - Davidson
Joseph Hooper - Bedford
Joseph Hooper - Hardeman
Joseph Hooper - Humphreys
Katharine Hooper - Humphreys
Martin Hooper - Davidson
Moses Hooper - Blount
Oliver Hooper - Warren
Richard Hooper - Hardeman
Richard Hooper - Tipton
Robert Hooper - Roane
Samuel Hooper - Humphreys
Mrs. Sarah Hooper - Montgomery
Thomas Hooper  - Monroe
Thomas Hooper - Sevier
Thomas Hooper - Smith
Thomas A. Hooper - Smith
William Hooper - Bedford
William Hooper - Bedford
William Hooper - Claiborne
William Hooper - Davidson
William Hooper - Humphreys
William Hooper - Madison
William Hooper - McMinn
William Hooper - Perry
Wilson Hooper - Montgomery

Listed again is Thomas Hoopers in Monroe County, but I have checked the film
and there is only one there.

Naomi