[Hooper] Evie Hooper Parker

Jeff Hooper hooper4504 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 22 18:59:49 EDT 2003

I am new to the mail list and saw your post about Evie Parker.  Evie was the daughter of Richard Franklin Hooper (1856-1933 Cleburne County, Ala) and my grandfather's sister.  According to the story I heard from my uncles, she was murdered by her husband.  Her father then extracted revenge by killing him.  Her son was raised by his grandparents and ultimately moved to Florida where he worked on my family's farm.  Hope this helps a little.

My family, headed by Marlin Hooper, moved to Florida in 1947 from Alabama to begin farming near Orlando.  I grew up in Florida and just recently moved to Atlanta, only to discover the deep roots our family has in this area.  It has rekindled my interest in geneology to say the least!

You referenced a "Hooper book".  My family had a copy of a book written years ago (50's) about the Hoopers.  Unfortunately, it seems to have been misplaced.  If you could give me the author's name and exact title of the book I would greatly appreciate it.  The one in question starts with Obediah Hooper, Sr and carries through the migration into Ala and Oklahoma.   I would love to find a transcript of it somewhere to give my dad and uncles.

Much thanks,

Jeff Hooper