[Hooper] Hooper/Trusty Family Line

Becky Trusty beckyt at charter.net
Tue Jan 6 16:06:29 EST 2004

I recently found information on the internet where Clay Hooper had listed much information about the Hoopers.   My grandmother was Eliza Hooper Trusty.  My grandfather was Gordon Trusty.    I understand that Daniel Hooper was Eliza's brother.  But, earlier souces I found on the internet, which are not there now, indicated that Samuel Jasper Hooper was "Liza" and Daniel's father and Mary Wood was their mother and not the parents you have listed.

Also, my mother has mentioned a "Pinkey" Hooper, who lived in California, who was Liza's brother.   I have not found that name listed, but I am almost sure it was a nickname.  Mother did not know anything else about Pinkey.

My grandmother was born 23 Dec 1898 and died 12 Nov 1962 in Hiawassee, Towns County, GA.  Liza and her husband, Gordon Trusty, are buried at Lower Hightower Church.  I have contacted the church, but whoever works there said they could not help me with cemetery records.   I have checked out the cemetery books in Hiawasse and found nothring.  I have not found anything else about my grandmother on the internet.   I remember as a child going to Uncle "Dan'l's" house once in a while on Sunday afternoons.

Based on the information I have given, can you connect this to your family information and can you provide me with any documentation?   I will gladly pay for any copies you can send to me, fax to me or email me.

My fax number is (864) 370-0599, Phone (864) 271-2270, and email address is BTrusty at BowenMcKenzie.com.