[Hooper] Hooper, McClure, Nelson

Sarah Widener saintsarah at mindspring.com
Mon May 3 12:58:17 EDT 2004

Hi Naomi:

I made note of the 2 different 1880 Census because I do know of Census being
taken twice of families that have moved during the time the Census was being
taken. If William had died at this time, Elinder might have gone to stay
with daughter, especially since Margaret in the one 1880 Census had a 6 mo.
old baby, and Elinder did have a Margaret that age. I got Census off the
1880 Census LDS disk and it did not have date the Census were taken, so will
have to go to Archives for this. May be a long shot but no other leads to
what happened to William and Elinder.

Thank you for the 1900 and 1910 Census of Henry P and Joseph V., I did not
have those.

About William Sherman McClure married Lillie O. Farmer on 18 Dec 1890, G. Y.
Burgess, Magistrate ~I did have this.  The G.Y. Burgess is Green Young
Burgess, my gggrandfather. He is my mother's mother's gfather. He married
lots of couples.  Also I think the Jackson Evans might be Andrew Jackson
Evans, son of John B.Jr. and Sarah Etter Moore. Not sure about the Margaret
Moore. John B. Evans Jr. is son of my gggrandfather John B Evans b.1805 SC
who is my mother's mother's other grandfather!

Thank you for all your time and trouble. I have printed your letters to
carry with me to the Archives. Now that the garden is planted, I hope to
have more time to pursue Elinder Hooper McClure b.abt 1821 NC.  ~  Sarah