[Hooper] New York and Canadian Hoopers

Keith J. Hooper cage47 at vonl.com
Sun Apr 22 12:38:30 EDT 2007

Wanted to get this information out to other Hooper researchers. We've
been doing a lot of digging and thanks to a distant relative in Canada
we have verified quite a bit of information. One big question was
whether or not our family name changed when they came stateside. It
turns out that this was just a confusion on one document. And we've
since found other verifying documents to ensure that our family was,
indeed, Hoopers as far back as the late 1700's. And we've broken through
one big brick wall and made a connection through the dna project with
another Hooper family. And now we've verified that we were definitely
Hoopers before, we want to put out the invitation to other Hooper
families to check us out also.

We have our family living in Canada from the Late 1700's to around 1880
when my ancestors moved to Malone, NY. Some branches stayed in Canada.
And most of my family has remained around the St. Lawrence river valley
until recently. So you can look our info up on rootsweb, on the
Hooperconnections site or my website at
http://web.netstartel.com/~cage47 I'll be updating my history page with
new info soon. Hope to hear from y'all soon.

Keith J. Hooper