[Hooper] Thomas Hooper/Obadiah Hooper

Deanna Baumgardner deannabaumgardner at me.com
Fri Jul 31 09:04:48 PDT 2009

Thomas Williamson Hooper-4 (Joseph Henry Hooper-3, Edmund Hooper-2,
Thomas Hooper-1).
He was born on 02 Nov 1832 in Bedford, Hanover County, Virginia,
Beaverdam Farm. He died on
26 Nov 1915 in Culpepper, Virginia.
Notes for Thomas Williamson Hooper:
General Notes:
Richmond Dispatch 3 February 1895
"About Beaver Dam" - Interesting Recollections and Notable Natives of
the Place, Memories of Dr.
Thomas W. Hooper
Near Cold Harbor stands the house where my father was born, and not
far from the house there is
a graveyard, surrounded by a brick wall, with a half-circle brick
along the top.  There sleep the
generations of my forefathers. In that enclosure is buried Mr.James
Hooper and at his funeral
Rev.Samuel (blank) officiated in 1754 and preached a most powerful
sermon on the text selected
by the good man before his death 1 Peter IV:18. The cemetery is
referred to by Dr. Hooper is now
termed The Garthright Cemetery and sits on the grounds of the house
identified by the National
Park Service as the Garthright House.

I understand these remains were removed and buried elsewhere.  Can
anyone find out where they were re-buried and who in addition to Mr.
James Hooper was buried with them.  Thomas Hooper-1 is a 25/24 match
for Obadiah Hooper-1. Unity Hooper, wife of this Thomas Hooper-1 has
been definintely located as living at Cold Harbor.

Deanna (Hooper) Baumgardner